Saturday, March 1, 2008

Creepy Pigeon Lake

Peace and Love everyone...

So i realized two things the other day... Number 1, pigeons are amazingly easy to photograph... and 2, Stow Lake is creepy as hell. Now i'd been to Stow Lake before... but only as a kid. My mom took me there for a boat ride... which was cool, but it never dawned on my how spooky this place is.


Ok now first, there is a legend about this statue. Rumor has it that she lost one of her kids years ago, and now comes out at night looking for him. Either that, or when you're sitting in your car she'll bust open the doors and eat you alive. Either variation of the story works, i'm sure.

She does look kinda fucked up though...



This is like, the nature shot. Just the nature, of the nature here. I'm sure at night it's super gloomy with the fog rolling over it...



As i was standing around thinking to myself "Why the hell did i come here to get pictures for my blog?" out of nowhere a flock of pigeons tackle me to the ground. They literally did one of those falcon swoop dives right at me... which was strange.



After they almost killed me, i realized they didn't want to hurt me, they wanted me to take pictures of them. So i was like "Sure guys, no problem..." and started clicking away. This is when i realized thing number 2 here at stow lake, that pigeons are great for taking pictures of. I certainly am not the "Let me take a beautiful picture of this beautiful yada" shit photographer... but hey, when in Rome right?



So this guy was sitting up on the rock next to me and kept yelling at me like "Yo, over here!" So i was inclined to take pictures of him. I felt like 'Top Model' or some shit... i was clickin away left and right at this bird, he kept letting me get real close... i guess pigeons are so used to humans they have that animal instinct to know i wasn't gonna kill him or something...



And here is Tyra to present "Your Best Photo..."



And then they bounced...
I think I'll be taking more photos of pigeons in my days to come...